Tuesday, March 22, 2005

peregrinato

A mild retooling. I'm not sure.

Blogs are interesting beasts. I'm not sure why I am going through this, given the 2-3 readers I have; I can just as easily email them. Who knows, perhaps one day I will pick up more readers and they'll want to wander backwards and see where I've come from.

Anyway...The Aerie is out. Peregrinato is in. (For now.) The name Looking Eagle still has meaning for me, but for the purposes of this blog, and my musings, reflections, and wanderings, I've chosen the name peregrinato (Latin for "pilgrimage"). Life is a pilgrimage, a journey; we are not put here to stay, and we are moving toward something. For some, this is a meaningless cliche. For me, it is the truth.

The Aerie had too many connotations of "I'm looking down and observing you all." I think that may have originally been somewhat intentional (I've been calling my home page "The Aerie" for years), but as I (try to) mature, I am looking for something that seems a little less presumptuous or condescending.

We'll see where this goes. Perhaps another false start. Perhaps not. Sometimes I'm okay with things taking their own sweet time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings sir - I came across your blog through a ffriend of my blog on Live Journal. Good writing and thoughtful entries, I look forward to reading more!

Roy

12:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home