Thursday, March 31, 2005

To Be A Book

Book meme, continued. Begun with Terrance and now moved on to others, including

Apparently there's some confusion about what it means, in the book meme, to "be a book" in Fahrenheit 451. Okay, caveat: I never read it (eek), but I know the story.

In short: in the future, books are considered intellectually dangerous objects and are destroyed. But an underground of book people exists; each person's task is to memorize a particular work, from beginning to end--to preserve it and then pass it on to the next generation, and thus to preserve these verboten items until they are valued again, and not permanently lost. It is assumed that literature reflects the truths of living, and by becoming these books, your life and outlook on life are changed and made more thoughtful.

That's it, in summary.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Peregrin o, I was just traveling through looking for some interesting stuff on and I came upon your Blog. I haven’t seen what I was after regarding this post, but I’m going to carry on searching for more information on related stuff. By the way your Blogs great.

2:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello there Peregrin o, I was just searching for some ideas on when I happened on to your Blog. Although this post isn’t quite what I was looking for, it was for more information on . You’ve still got a great Blog here. You are most welcomed to visit my site at

6:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home