Monday, April 18, 2005

peregrinato's logo?

Working on designs for www.peregrinato.com, specifically the logo/header.

I've liked the Aquiline typeface ever since I saw it. When I began playing with logos, there was something about the P on it that screamed to make it a chalice. Funny that--I accept the chalice as the denominational logo of the association, and I recognize it is a part of much UU visual proclamation and ritual (though not at my church); but I've never been very chalicocentric. (Yes, I'm making up words.) I'm certainly not opposed to it, don't get me wrong. But I saw the P in this font, thought "chalice" and went with it. Also, I'll add..the flame for me is more about Holy Wisdom, Sophia, and maybe I'm just in a pentecostal kinda mood.



Comments welcome.

Update: looks like this (or a subtle variation) will be what I'm using on peregrinato.com, with just the single "P" for a square avatar.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooooooo... me likie

2:45 pm  
Blogger Chalicechick said...

Bitchin' font.

But next time you say "chalicocentric," you should link to me.

CC

11:02 pm  
Blogger kwpershey said...

Great design! And I love the word "chalicocentric," especially since the Disciples also have a chalice logo.

2:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home